Different types of decorative column have been used to decorate buildings since ancient times, and they remain popular to this day. This isn’t surprising. After all, the right column design emphasizes the financial well-being and excellent artistic taste of the owner of a building.
In addition to their luxurious and solid appearance, columns and half-columns in the interior of a room also serve a number of functional purposes. They help to visually divide the room into separate sections and increase the height of the ceilings. They can also help to hide defects in the surface of the floor, in the walls or ceiling.
Decorative Columns in the interior space
The original and traditional purpose of such columns was to act as a load-bearing element, supporting a ceiling beam. However, over time, their design has been modified more and more, following changing fashion trends. Therefore, in modern architecture, it's increasingly common to find columns that perform an exclusively decorative function without a structural purpose.
This is an exact description of our Orac Decor® columns. Made of the cutting-edge innovative materials Duropolymer® and Purotouch® they're not designed for heavy loads, while possessing a number of very useful functional advantages:
- Ease of installation. Due to the low weight and solidity of the product, the installation of columns doesn't require much effort and can be carried out by just one person.
- Positive, noteworthy characteristics. Decorative columns and half-columns are resistant to moisture, shock, and fading, and are also easily cleaned. For this reason they're widely used both in the interior space, and for decorating external facades.
- Painting. The subsequent design of your column won't create any major problems as all of our decorative column elements can easily be painted in any colour you desire. Painting will modify the visual effect of the decorative element and can help it to harmonize better with the overall design of your room.
- Ecological compatibility. Orac Decor® columns don't contain any toxic substances and are absolutely safe for health.
- Resizing. The special tools available in our online store will allow you to easily adjust the length of columns and half-columns to match the height of your room.
Structurally, the columns consist of three parts: a pedestal base, a shaft and the capital. In our online store you can either buy these items separately, or buy the entire set in the collection.
Buying decorative columns from our online store with delivery
In order to facilitate your choice, our online catalogue of columns shows prices, interior photos, descriptions and detailed technical characteristics (weight, size, etc.) for the products.
Once you know what you'd like to have, you can easily buy a decorative column or half-column - our order procedure is fast and simple. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our customer support team will help you to make your purchase and, if necessary, organize fast delivery to any country in the world. Enjoy your shopping!